Dogs should be resting 12-14 hours a day. Puppies, seniors and unwell dogs need more!
Just like us dogs can get cranky if they are not getting enough rest!
Signs your dog is not getting enough rest:
- Unwanted and unpredictable behaviours
- Lower tolerance and increased irritability
- Illness and itchiness
How to encourage your dog to rest:
- Comfy places to sleep
- Minimal disturbances in a quiet and peaceful area
- Calm chewing and licking
- Teach them a calming behaviour such as boundary or crate work
- Natural remedies and veterinary medicines may be required for some dogs
Teaching your dog to nothing and just relax is very important!
A well-rested dog has:
- An improved learning ability
- Higher tolerance levels
- Better brain development
- A calmer demeanour
Does dog struggle with relaxing? Get in touch and we can work together to teach them how to relax and be calm.